“Will we still think our jokes our funny when were 25?” A little itsy bit from Vitamin C’s Graduation song. The biggest song of 2000. Everybody knows what second place was: The Mammal Song. If you don’t know that song don’t ask me about it. It has been wiped from my memory! Or at least tried to.
I was getting all nostalgic today thinking about Indiana and how much I miss it up there and everyone that lives up there. (All my family, besides us.) Well I was looking through old photos and memorbilia from that era of my life and I found this. Now I know if your not from Indiana you may not find this funny but if you are a.k.a. Andy, Candy and Adam. So read on and laugh, for me!
You might be from Indiana if:
1. You know several people who have hit a deer.
2. You have no problem spelling or pronouncing “Terre Haute.”
3. You’ve never met any celebrities.
4. You’ve seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were famous.
5. Down south to you means Kentucky.
6. Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
7. Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
8. You know what the phrase “knee-high by the fourth of July” means.
9. You’ve heard of Euchre, you know how to play Euchre, and you are the master of Euchre.
10. You’ve seen a running car, with nobody in it, in the parking lot of the grocery store no matter what time of year it is.
11. You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Ex: “Where’s my coat at?” and “If you go to the mall I wanna’ go with.”
12. Detassling was your first job. Bailing hay, your second. Or you could stack hay, swim in the pond to clean off, and then have strength to play a couple of games of hoops all in the same barn the same day.
13. You’ve ever had to switch from heat to AC in the same day.
14. You say things like “catty-wumpus” and “kitty-corner.”
15. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
16. You carry jumper cables in your car regularly.
17. You drink “pop.”
18. You know what “cow tipping” is.
19. You know that bailing wire was the predecessor to duct tape.
20. You know that strangers are the only ones who come to your “front door.”
21. Kids and dogs ride in the passenger seats of cars and backs of pick-ups.
22. You think nothing of it to be stuck behind a tractor pulling a farm implement on the road in the spring or fall.
23. High school basketball game draws a bigger crowd on the weekend nights than the movie theater.
24. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
25. The local paper covers national and international headlines on page 1 but requires 6 for sports.
26. Most can repeat the scores of the last 8 IU games, but unless the ref. was a Hoosier, we aren’t sure who he is.
27. If you can see at least two basketball hoops from your yard.
28. You can name every one of Bob Knight’s “exploits” over the last 20 years.
29.You shop at Marsh.
30. Damon Bailey was your childhood hero.
31. The biggest question of your youth was “IU or Purdue?”
32. Indianapolis is the “big city.”
33. “Getting caught for a train” is a legitimate excuse for being late to school.
34. The Wabash River is “biggest body of water” near your house.
35. You know of several different definitions as to what a Hoosier really is.
36. People at your high school chewed tobacco.
37. Everyone knows who the town cop is, where he lives, and whether he is at home or on duty.
38. To get to school you had to drive on a gravel road, a road with several right-angle turns in it.
39. People in your neighborhood, really, REALLY like NASCAR.
40. To you, a raccoon is simply a “coon.”
41. The vehicle of choice in your area is not a car but a pickup.
42.You are a BIG John Mellencamp fan.
43. You’ve been to the Covered Bridge Festival.
44. You took backroads to get there….why sit in traffic?
45. To you, a tenderloin is not an exspensive cut of beef but a big salty breaded piece of pork served on a bun with pickles.
46. Sometimes, you call the toilet the “commode” or the “stool.”
47. Everyone in your town knows the high school quarterback or basketball starters personally.
48. In the fall, one of your favorite pranks was “corning” cars.
49. You know what “corning” is.
50. Half of the kids at your school were related to each other…..and knew about it.
51. The rest of the kids at your high school eventually discovered they were related to each other….after running into one another at family reunions.
52. WalMart is the most exciting place in your hometown.
53. Technically, you don’t even live in a town.
54. The county fair is THE social event in your area.
55. You go to the fair every night of it’s week long duration.
56. Everyone at your high school has dated each other. Literally.
57. You know what FFA stands for.
58. A typical party at your high school consisted of a bunch of people driving trucks into the woods or an empty field, lighting a bon fire, and staring at it while drinking a few beers.
59. It is a thirty minute drive from your house to the grocery store.
60. Y’all is an acceptable form of address for groups fo three or more people.
61. Your parent’s had all the same teachers in high school that you had.
62. You think that Notre Dame is a college in South Bend, not a cathedral in France.
63. You know at least five people who own belt buckles with their initials on them. These buckles are the size of a dinner plate.
64. Cows have been known to graze on your high school’s baseball diamond.
WOW! That was alot. I didn’t think there were that many but if you stuck with it and read them all go you!! They are hilarious! If you get them. Well I love you ALL!